Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I'm trying to pull some pinks in here but somehow the greys just keep invading. Maybe this weekend will improve the mood of my clothes - I'm going to a really great antiques fair. Last year I got a vintage bubblegum necklace in aqua and my vintage lizard bag. I wonder what treasures will be there this time. Maybe some vintage linens and feathers!

I'm wearing my new denim pencil skirt from the Gap and a creme top with a vintage Barbie illustration from Target. The cropped cable-knit cardigan is from the Proenza Schouler line for Target. My feet were cold, so I'm wearing striped wellie socks under my black and white polka-dot rain boots.



I did bring my vintage grey peep-toes to work with me but I ended up wearing my boots most of the day. I was working on a big presentation all day (and should be finishing it now) so I hardly got up.



The Focal Point
My Barbie shirt. I love the colors in this and it's very comfy. The illustration isn't noticeably Barbie but I think is quite elegant.



I hope I have good things to share on Sunday after the antiques show!


This photo was modified from the original. I need to track down the source to give credit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the barbie shirt.

Dog Friendly Dallas said...

the barbie shirt is great! it reminds me of vintage pattern illustrations.