Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

I've never been a huge fan of Cinderella, at least the not version that made it to the movies.

I much preferred the 1970s Big Golden Book version... so much so that I have a framed gilded print of the book cover art.

I always thought the art in this book far surpassed the look of the movie.





Possibly only slightly better than the confections that are the Mary Blair concepts images.









But even though I'm not a huge fan of the Disney-fied story (I like the one of the older Grimm versions with the 3 dresses gifted from a magical tree), I can get behind the fancy footwear!



One of my favorite ads we did when I worked at Walt Disney World Marketing showcased the magic and transformation of the right footwear.


So how could I not be entranced by the gorgeous shoes created for the new Cinderella movie.  They're all beautiful and unique.





But the Jimmy Choo sketch really is the magical shoe brought perfectly to life.




I am entranced to say the least. They're utterly gorgeous, nearly unattainable and I'm going to find a way to make them mine sooner or later.

Just wait...


No comments: